I work as a Consultant Cardiologist at North Bristol NHS Trust and the Bristol Heart Institute.
I am a general cardiologist looking after patients with all types of heart conditions including hypertension, coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease and heart failure.
My particular interest is the treatment of ischaemic heart disease with coronary angioplasty and stents, including use of intravascular imaging to optimise stent deployment. I also undertake coronary angiography, pacemaker implantation and echocardiography.
I teach medical students at Bristol University and also work for the DVLA as a member of the cardiovascular review panel.
Current membership of professional, national and regional bodies:
British Cardiac Society
British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
European Society of Cardiology
- I have performed more than 3000 coronary angioplasty procedures.
- Over the last year, I personally have undertaken over 500 catheter procedures including >120 angioplasty procedures for both elective and emergency cases.
- I work as part of the cardiology team providing 24/7 emergency angioplasty for heart attack patients in Bristol and the SW cardiac network.
- My angioplasty cases are submitted to the Bristish Cardiovascular Intervention Society National Audit with excellent results.
- My MD thesis was on improving outcomes in percutaneous coronary inetrvention to define optimal procedural technique.